Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Gabi Girl

Took this photo of Gabrielle this past January. A brilliant, shrill kind of blustery day. In the midst of one of the worst winters I can remember.

Gabi Girl climbed into this toy castle and, when I called her name, this was the face she gave me. Click on the photo and you'll get a better view of her wonderful face.

It best describes her personality. At once lovely and mischievous; happy & demanding; wanting and giving.

I loved the day her mother told me she was pregnant with her, and I loved the day she was born because she represented so much hope for me, a chance for my own sort of rebirth at a point in my life when I faced what I thought was an insurmountable wall.

Gabrielle Marrae is my daily reminder that life is hard, but giving. It can be insolent but teach you something new. That I should play more and worry less.

She is and always will be my Hope Girl.



Cheaper Than TherapyFound this blog while poking around and I love the idea. Go here to learn more about Thousand Words Thursday

13 comments:

  1. Boy, does she look like her mother in this pic, or what? Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is she!!!! She looks like she may have a little "ornery" in her!! Adorable.. come back for Friday High Five

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful photo.....joy of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thagt is a very cool photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story to go along with an adorable photo! Happy aTWT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is lovely!

    And yes, I am duly impressed with all of your suggestions. I especially look forward to the Dell drop..;p I'll be checking out the recipe too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...I can't believe my girls have zipped past this stage - seems like yesterday...
    We have that same "castle" in our backyard and now the girls turn it sideways and climb up to hang out on the top! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! The snow looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Play more and worry less.

    Isn't that the truth!!!

    ReplyDelete